Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sicknesses, food, fun and celebrating!

On Aug. 8th I woke up with a fever and got worse through out the day. My white blood count was high and my doctor suggested we go to a better hospital for treatment. Long story short, that night we were in a Hong Kong hospital! The doctor said I had a Strep A infection that may have lead to a bacterial infection. I ended up staying in the hospital for two nights but thankfully only had to take oral medicine - no IV's!! Unfortunately, my whole family ended up getting sick! We all had fevers, prescriptions and rested a lot! (This isn't even all of it!)


When we finally started feeling better we enjoyed some food that we can not get where we live. We ate at some good restaurants and ate good fruits and vegetables at home. One night we ate roasted butternut squash, okra, guacamole, and blueberries.


One day when we were all feeling well, we took a trip to the Science Museum. It was fun to play with a big bubble machine, a huge magnet, and lots of other cool things.


Finally, before we left, we took a trip to Disneyland! My dad and I did not feel 100% but we had a lot fun! I will post more pictures of that later.
The day we flew home was Evan's birthday. He is 1 year old!! We are waiting for everyone to get healthy and then plan to celebrate! (Hopefully tomorrow!)

2 comments:

Lindsay (aka Linz) said...

I cannot believe your baby brother is already a year old! Time flies by so fast, huh?

Sarah Bryant said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't believe it's been a year. So glad you're all feeling better. Sounds like the pits!